Update corona 1 September 2020
At Crescendo CVO your health and safety come first!
Like all schools in Flanders, Crescendo CVO starts in pandemic code yellow. In code yellow classes continue as scheduled. In order to make this possible, all safety measures have already been taken on our campuses. The safety of our students and staff comes first!
In the first week of classes we will welcome all students in face-to-face learning. Getting to know the teacher and the other students on campus will ensure a smooth start to the school year.
Courses with large class groups will divide their welcome across the first two classes. In this way, Crescendo CVO ensures that safety standards will be maintained in every classroom.
Our campus student administration will then notify those students who will have their face-to-face meeting in the second class.
Depending on the course, there will be more or less distance learning. This also applies to the various modules within a course. All trainers will explain their concrete plan of approach in detail during their first class.
However, teachers must be given the possibility to switch flexibly to distance learning if the number of infections in the municipality where any of our campuses is located should increase significantly.
The National Crisis Centre, the Minister of Education, the provincial governor and the mayor follow a fixed procedure before switching to another pandemic code (e.g. orange or red where distance learning is the norm). If this should happens, we will notify all students.
Crescendo CVO follows up the corona update day after day. Students can also stay informed via our website.
What safety measures are already in place on all our campuses?
In order to protect teachers and students as much as possible...
- the student capacity of each classroom has been calculated with respect to physical distancing. Each classroom thus has its maximum capacity.
- during the breaks students will stay within their class bubble. Class groups will take their breaks at different times so that fewer people will walk through the buildings at the same time, thus decreasing the chances of physical contact.
- windows and doors will be regularly wide open for extra ventilation. Class with the door open? Yes, fine!
- all students will leave the classroom during the break and preferably go outside.
- the sinks will only have paper towels to throw away after use.
- arrows on the floor indicate the correct direction of one-way traffic.
- on arrival at the campus, the obligatory use of hand sanitiser will guarantee the required hand hygiene.
- you can only visit the student administration office by appointment. You will find the telephone numbers and email addresses on the campus pages of the website.
- people who do not necessarily need to be on campus (they are called 'non essential third parties') will not be admitted.
- All employees will always wear a face mask, even if there is a plexi wall at the counter.
- the classrooms provide disinfecting spray with wipes to clean the computer and other equipment after use.
Can I still register?
For most courses in Crescendo CVO you can register online via our website. It is easy and safe. Check online registration to see if it is also possible for your training course.
If you can't register online for the training course of your choice, you can come and register at the campus where you want to follow the course. To do so, please make an appointment with the student administration of that campus. You will find the email addresses and telephone numbers of our campuses here.
How do I get to the campus safely?
- Keep 1.5 metres distance between you and others!
- Bring your own face mask and wear it at all times, even in the classroom and even if you keep your distance. Without the wearing of a face mask access to the campus will not be granted. Only if you have a medical reason (disorder) you can temporarily take off your face mask. Is there a break and are you outside? Then you can take off your mask for a while, but keep a minimum distance of 1.5 metres.
- A face shield is not prohibited but does not replace the face mask. If you wear a face shield, a face mask remains compulsory.
- Touch your face as little as possible with your hands. Avoid shaking hands or kisses. Greet each other with a wave or an elbow.
- Cough or sneeze in a paper handkerchief or in the inside of your elbow.
- Use paper handkerchiefs and throw them away in a closeable bin.
- Stay at home if you are ill.
- Touch your face as little as possible with your hands.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Use your own writing utensils. Preferably use your own laptop if possible.
Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly (40-60 sec.) with soap and water.
When to wash or disinfect hands?
- Before going to the CVO.
- On arrival at the CVO.
- When entering the classroom.
- After visiting the toilet.
- Before and after meals
- Before leaving the CVO.
- After coughing, snorting, sneezing.
- After operating machines during the shop classes.
- When your hands are visibly dirty.
Need more information?
Would you like more concrete information about the content of the training course or the teaching moments of the module you are starting? Then please go to the training page on the website.
Still can't find what you're looking for? Then you can go to the student administration of the campus where you would be taking classes. Please call or e-mail for information or for an appointment.
Would you like more general information about corona and education? Please go to https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en