Digital forms of education at crescendo cvo
In addition to its onsite education, Crescendo CVO offers 3 forms of digital education on various campuses:
- Online education: You take classes online via Teams at a fixed time and from a place of your choice. You are present in the online learning environment together with the teacher and other students, which allows for interaction.
- In some courses, only part of the classes is taught online. The remaining classes are organised as face-to-face classes on a campus.
- Distance learning: you are not physically present in the classroom. You work independently on assignments at a place and time of your choice. Assignments can take different forms: digital, on paper, speaking assignments, visits in your area, etc.<
- Blended learning: A combination of face-to-face and distance learning. At specific times, you attend classes on campus. In addition, you work independently on (digital) assignments at a place and time of your choice.
Prerequisites for an online class to run smoothly
- Good infrastructure:
- Computer with microphone, audio and camera (preferably NOT a smartphone).
- Well-functioning, stable wifi
- Installation of the Teams app (you will get a school account Microsoft 365)
- Quiet physical workplace:
- You can follow the online class quietly without being disturbed
- Your background image and/or sound does not distract other students/the teacher
- Sufficient digital skills:
- Working with the computer: using keyboard and mouse
- Working with a browser
- A considerable degree of discipline and independence is expected.
Read our agreements during the online classes here.
Online learning platform
For online classes, you will use Teams, one of the Microsoft Office applications.
Before your first class, try signing in to your Crescendo CVO account and installing Teams. Read how to do that here. Your teacher will provide you with a link to join the first class via your private e-mail address. Please note: it can take up to 2 working days before your account is active. Also check your spam to make sure you don't miss our emails.
Do you have a technical problem or another question? Check here for frequently asked questions with handy instruction videos. Still can't find the answer? Our Office 365 team are there to help you.